Gold is one of the most important and valuable metals in our jewelry. If you are buying gold jewelry it is most important to check the purity of that gold because you are giving the highest price for the jewelry made up of gold.
Before knowing how to taste the gold is real or fake you should know that the price of gold depends on Global demand and currency fluctuations.
24 k gold is real gold and 22k is 91% gold for other Jewellery, you can also see the mark of 18 and 14k. It is very important to know you are buying pure gold and jewelry for yourself and your investment. Check the purity of gold before buying is much important. In this article, we will learn about how to tell if the gold is real or not.
How to tell if the gold is real with help of a lighter?
- It is a very easiest way to find if the gold is real or fake
- For example, any gold ring or gold chain or bracelet
- then take the lighter
- Hit your gold ring for a gold chain with the help of a lighter
- apply a flame to the gold chain or gold ring or Bracelet for 60 seconds or 2 minutes.
- During the heating of gold watch the gold closely if any color changes not
- If the color of the gold gets darker it means it is fake gold this is because of the presence of iron and copper
- impurity mixture in that gold.
- and if the color of gold gets lighter it means it is real/pure gold.
- In this way, you can find a 24k gold is real or fake with the help of a lighter.
How to tell if the Gold is real or fake with the help of bleach at home?
It is a good method to find if the gold is real or fake with the help of bleach.
With the help of bleach, we can only check The authenticity of the gold but it will not determine how pure the gold is Using standard bleach present at home to check the purity of the gold is the best idea. Chlorine bleach is best.
- Take any gold jewelry take a gold ring or any chain.
- Then put that chain or ring in the glass Cup or glass plate
- Then put bleach on that jewelry put only the required quantity of bleach you don’t require much quantity
- Then scrap the bleach on the jewelry do it safely and properly
- During this procedure notice properly if any color changes or not
- There may be Bubbles or any color change and the bleach
- If the bubble occurs it means there is a presence of another metal like Copper Iron there is a mixture of copper and iron in the gold means it is not pure gold.
- Remove your jewelry from the bleach and then run away from cold water and clean it as soon as it is possible.
- To avoid any harm to the jewelry remove the bleach properly.
- Then dry the jewelry immediately.
- There are other ways to test the gold instead of using this method because other ways cause less harm to the jewelry instead of using bleach.
- Another test can provide more information about the gold and whether the gold is pure or not instead of using bleach.
- Bleach test will destroy or will have your jewelry if the jewelry is gold plated or is a mixture of another alloy.
How to tell if the Gold is real with the help of water?
Yes, We can determine whether gold is real or fake with the help of water. This is the easiest way to determine if the gold is pure or not
- take the water into the glass
- then drop your gold ring chain or bracelet into the glass full of water.
- If the chain doesn’t float on the water it means it is pure gold
- and you know that if it floats on the water it is not pure gold means it is a mixture of copper and iron.
- if you put your Gold in the water and if it starts rusting or tarnishing it means you can recognize that there is the presence of Copper and iron in that gold it means it is not pure gold.
- In this way, you can tell if the gold is real or fake with the help of water at home.
- As we know that real gold is a heavy metal and it will not float on the water instead of floating it will be at the bottom of the glass and if there is fake gold it will float on the water.
When the gold touches the water there will be no reaction and no changes in the gold but if it rusts it means it’s not the real gold.
How to tell if Gold is real with the help of a Magnet?
Gold is real or not we can check it with the help of a magnet and it is the very easiest method to check if the gold is pure or not.
- Hold a magnet near the gold.
- and we know that real gold doesn’t stick to the magnet
- if the gold sticks to the magnet it means it is not pure gold and there is the presence of Copper and iron in it.
- it is fact that pure gold doesn’t stick to the magnet.
- like this, you can check if the gold is pure or not with the help of a magnet.
“Purest gold will not stick to the magnet” While the presence of iron in the gold will stick to the magnet.
How to check if the gold is real or fake at home?
- Take any gold jewelry say chain or bracelet on your hand
- Then pour white vinegar on that jewelry.
- while performing this procedure if you notice any color change on jewelry then it is not pure gold.
- and if your jewelry shines and doesn’t change the color then it means it is pure gold.
- like this you can check if the gold is pure or not with the help of a magnet at home
Checking the gold is very easy with the help of water above all of these.
Gold plated, In this, they use very cheap metal known as brass and on that, they do the very thin plating of gold which is not pure gold and it is the fake one.
How we can tell if the gold is real or fake with the help of acid?
Nitric acid is the best way to check whether the gold is pure or not.
- Nitric acid is a very dangerous chemical it can harm you so handle it carefully and use gloves and goggles while performing this procedure.
- Put some drops of nitric acid on your jewelry and observe if your jewelry turns milky or green it means it is not pure gold and the presence of other metals.
- If the metal is made up of pure gold it will not react to the nitric acid and if it is made up of another alloy like Copper it will react to the nitric acid.
- The float test is the best test to check the purity of gold.
- While bleach and chlorine can damage your gold cracks can occur.
- All of the above tests can help you to check whether the gold is real or fake in some way but if you want to test it you have to go to the gold checkers so that they can give you the correct information about the purity of gold.
- 24k gold can be regularly seated as it contains 100% gold.
- 22k gold contains 91 % gold
- While 18k gold contains 75-78% gold
- 14k gold contains 41-50% of gold.
In this post, we have given you information about how to tell if the gold is real, as well as how you can check gold sitting in your home. We hope that with the help of this you will be able to easily identify gold sitting at your home and understand the difference between real and fake gold.
If you have any other questions related to Gold, then you can easily ask us by contacting us, as well as how did you like this post of ours, you can tell by commenting below. Thank you.